There's an ETF for that! Video Gaming
Video gaming is a booming industry and it's not just the younger generations who are partaking. While gamers age 26-35 average 8.2 hours per week playing, those 60 and older average 5.6 hours per week. The industry has grown from around 100 million players in 1995 to over 2.6 billion today. Here are a few ETFs that cover this space. Here are the tickers, names and expense ratios of some funds to consider:
- VIDG Defiance NextGen Video Gaming 0.30%
- GAMR ETFMG Video Game Technology 0.75%
- HERO Global X Video Games and eSports 0.50%
- NERD Roundhill BITKRAFT eSports and Digital Entertainment 0.25%
- ESPO VanEck Vectors Video Gaming and eSports 0.55%
Make sure to do your due diligence and understand the methodology of these specialty fund(s). Remember, due to their concentration / non-diversification, these should not be a core holding.