Estate & Legacy Planning
Different people establish and maintain an estate plan for different reasons. Some of the reasons you may want an estate plan are to:
- Tie up loose ends and not burden heirs with unnecessary administrative work
- Avoid costly probate fees
- Protect your family’s privacy
- Distribute your estate according to your wishes and remove the guesswork of how your estate should be divided
- Protect your financial and medical interests in the case of incapacity
- Minimize estate taxes
- Protect your children by controlling how and when they receive their inheritance
We review your wills, trusts, power(s) of attorney, and your beneficiary designations. If you do not have these documents, we can collaborate with your attorney to design a plan to achieve your estate planning objectives.
Interested in charitable giving or leaving a legacy? Today, you don't have to be a Rockefeller or Gates to enjoy the many benefits of philanthropy. There are many tools and choices available to you. We can discuss what you'd like to accomplish and then review your best options. Some of the options we have helped implement have been private foundations, charitable remainder trusts, and donor-advised funds.
To learn more about how you can benefit from charitable giving, click here.