The Blue Water Team
Blue Water Capital Management, LLC was founded in 2003 and built around a vision of acting in clients' best interests, constantly pursuing 'best practices', and providing exceptional service at a reasonable cost. We proudly serve Apex, Holly Springs, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Raleigh, and the Greater Triangle area.
Terrance A. Green, CFP®, MsBA
Terrance Green is the Managing Director of Blue Water Capital Management, LLC and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. His experience dates back to the mid-90’s as his career began with McDonald Investments working in the areas of portfolio administration, fixed-income trading, and financial planning. In 2000, Terrance became 'enlightened' and left the Wall Street world to begin working as an independent financial advisor. In 2003, he switched to the fee-only model to better serve his clients.
Terrance periodically contributes to Suburban Living magazine, both the Apex and Holly Springs editions. In California, he was a periodic columnist for several San Diego papers and has also appeared in the San Diego Union Tribune, Money, Kiplinger’s, and Investment News. He was also selected by UCSD to lead monthly discussions for their Retirement Association's Investment Interest Group.
Terrance and his family live in Holly Springs. They enjoy a variety of outdoor activities together including camping, kayaking, biking, and trips to the mountains and beach. He is also actively involved in Y Guides and community sporting leagues.
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance and Management Information Systems, Ohio University, 1995
- Master’s of Science in Entrepreneurship, San Diego State University, 2009
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP), 2002
- Trading assistant and financial planner at brokerage firm McDonald Investments, 1996-2000
- Independent financial advisor at the fee-based firm Financial Designs, 2000-2003
- Independent financial advisor at the fee-only firm Capital Financial Advisors, 2003-2005
- Managing Director and financial advisor, Blue Water Capital Management, LLC, 2003 – Present
- Past member of Board of Directors for Volunteer San Diego, a non-profit organization
- Past member of Board of Directors for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of San Diego
- Member of National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Member of Apex Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce
Deborah L. Hobart, CPA
Debbie is one of the newest team members at Blue Water Capital Management, LLC. She holds CPA licenses in the states of VA and NC. She gained over 20 years of accounting experience in various industries prior to entering the financial advisory industry. She is currently working on becoming a Certified Financial Planner.
Debbie lives in Apex and enjoys spending time with her family and traveling. Her favorite hobby is horseback riding.
- Bachelor of Science Accounting, George Mason University, 1996
- Certified Public Accountant (State of VA 1998 and State of NC 2018)
- 20 + years of experience in accounting management and leadership including budgeting, forecasting, monthly close, financial analysis, project management, and regulatory compliance
- Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting Director – Real Estate industry 1997-2007
- Accounting Manager – Debt / Securities industry 2011-2015
- Divisional Controller, Senior Accounting Manager – Distribution / Manufacturing industry 2015-2019
- Lead Financial Advisor, Blue Water Capital Management, LLC, 2019 – Present
- Apex Chamber of Commerce
Jacob J. Wilson
- Drake University BSE 2001
- Rockwood School District, History Teacher, 08/02 to 2/08
- Stryker Instruments, Marketing, 08/08 to 2/11
- Stryker Instruments, Sales Manager, 03/11 to 02/16
- Laborie, Territory Manager, from 08/16 to Present
- Blue Water Capital Management, LLC Financial Advisor: from 2/19 to Present