The Blue Water TeamBlue Water Capital Management, LLC was founded in 2003 and built around a vision of acting in clients' best interests, constantly pursuing 'best practices', and providing exceptional service at a reasonable cost. We proudly serve Apex, Holly Springs, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Raleigh, and the Greater Triangle area.
Terrance A. Green, CFP®, MsBA
Terrance Green is the Managing Director of Blue Water Capital Management, LLC and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. His experience dates back to the mid-90’s as his career began with McDonald Investments working in the areas of portfolio administration, fixed-income trading, and financial planning. In 2000, Terrance became 'enlightened' and left the Wall Street world to begin working as an independent financial advisor. In 2003, he switched to the fee-only model to better serve his clients.
Terrance has periodically contributed to Suburban Living magazine, both the Apex and Holly Springs editions. In California, he was a periodic columnist for several San Diego papers and has also appeared in the San Diego Union Tribune, Money, Kiplinger’s, and Investment News. He was also selected by UCSD to lead monthly discussions for their Retirement Association's Investment Interest Group.
Terrance and his family live in Holly Springs. He and his wife enjoy their kids' hockey and scouting events. They also enjoy a variety of outdoor activities together including camping, kayaking, biking, and trips to the mountains and beach.
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance and Management Information Systems, Ohio University, 1995
- Master’s of Science in Entrepreneurship, San Diego State University, 2009
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP), 2002
- Trading assistant and financial planner at brokerage firm McDonald Investments, 1996-2000
- Independent financial advisor at the fee-based firm Financial Designs, 2000-2003
- Independent financial advisor at the fee-only firm Capital Financial Advisors, 2003-2005
- Managing Director and financial advisor, Blue Water Capital Management, LLC, 2003 – Present
- Past member of Board of Directors for Volunteer San Diego, a non-profit organization
- Past member of Board of Directors for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of San Diego
- Member of National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Member of Apex Chamber of Commerce
Deborah L. Hobart, CPA
Debbie is a Financial Advisor at Blue Water Capital Management, LLC and has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. She earned her BS in Accounting at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA in 1996 and holds CPA licenses in the State of VA (1996) and NC (2018).
She began her career in the field of accounting and has experience in a variety of areas including budgeting, forecasting, income tax preparation, and cash management. She has also worked at several Fortune 500 companies in a number of industries including Real Estate, Debt / Securities, and Manufacturing. Although she worked in the accounting field, she was always interested in finance and spent free time reading about personal finance, investing, and estate planning. As she has always enjoyed helping people, she decided to focus her career on financial advising in a fiduciary capacity.
She is currently working on earning the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM designation and has recently passed the CFP exam. She is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Apex Chamber of Commerce. She also writes articles on investing topics for the Apex Suburban Living magazine.
Debbie lives in Apex, NC and enjoys spending time with her family and traveling. Her favorite hobby is horseback riding.