Professional Investment Management
Blue Water provides portfolio design and investment management solutions for a variety of clients. We use the combined principles of advanced academic research and Nobel Prize winning concepts to build and manage low-cost, extremely diversified portfolios. The philosophy and engineering behind our portfolios is very sophisticated, but they are implemented in a manner that is straight-forward and easy to understand.
We develop an individual asset allocation (Custom), or choose your model allocation (Core), based on your needs, goals, investment experience, time horizon, and tax situation. The allocation is implemented with no-load, low-cost funds. We then use an ongoing disciplined investment management process to guide our decision-making and steady the ups and downs. Monitoring, rebalancing and adjusting, reports, and meetings are used to keep your portfolio on track and adjust to life's changes. The end result is an approach that helps you realize the potential of your portfolio, and in turn, your financial goals.
The ongoing relationship we have with our clients provides a much deeper understanding of what's important to each client and helps us evaluate their progress. Helping clients manage their emotions and anxiety related to their financial future is a big part of what we do. Achieving goals is more than just numbers - life happens; we understand that. We help serve as a guide through the rough patches and a sounding board for new directions and ideas.
Sample allocation with 70% stocks
Portfolio Expense Ratio: 0.22%
This sample allocation would be the overall allocation of your portfolio (combination of all of your accounts). The allocation of individual accounts would be different in order to use the best available investments (401k / 403b accounts), maximize tax efficiency, and adjust for specific client circumstances.
An advisor's investment philosophy and management style often determines your investment experience. Be wary of advisors who cannot articulate the details of their philosophy and management process. A generic or undisciplined approach often leads to poor results.
Our investment philosophy and management procedures are considered by many to be 'best practices'. It starts with one belief - that we cannot control or predict the market. No matter what the talking heads on TV say, or the so-called "experts" predict, no one really knows the future. Educated guesses and forecasts can make for some good entertainment, but they are ill-advised investment plans.
While you can't control the market, there are certain aspects of investing that can be controlled and managed to improve your financial success. These are the fundamentals that we concentrate on. We call it our "ACTION Plan”, and we incorporate it into our two levels of investment management.
Professional Management Services:
For non-complex portfolios that fit into one of model allocations.
For more complex portfolios that require a custom-tailored solution.
Both Services Include:
- Ongoing advice and meetings with an experienced CFP Professional
- A professionally designed portfolio that is low-cost and extremely diversified
- Portfolio implementation
- Handling contributions and distributions
- Daily monitoring of rebalancing needs and tax-loss harvesting opportunities
- Performance reports and tax reports
- A client portal to view your investment portfolio and reports
- Account titling and beneficiary reviews
- Periodic advisory letters and educational commentary
- Web access to your financial plan (if a plan was developed)
- Access to DFA funds
- Incorporation of our ACTION Plan
- Keep your portfolio balanced at both the stock-to-bond level and at the individual asset class level
- Update your actual allocation as warranted
- Strategically shift the portfolio's allocation to a more conservative one over time
- Stay abreast of new research and investment options
- Minimize transaction costs and other investment expenses
- Track and manage taxable income and gains
- Look for opportunities to generate tax losses
- Adjust asset location of investments as necessary
- Manage ongoing contributions and purchases
- Track withdrawal rates and manage distributions
- Maintain cash accounts
- Adjust withdrawal strategies if necessary
- Proactively stay in contact and encourage feedback to manage the mental highs and lows
- Assist with investment questions and concerns
Our process begins with a complimentary initial meeting.